A WORD ON THE WORD
I have a fascination for literature. I have been ghostwriting for my schoolmates ever since I can remember (better known as doing homework for my friends).
Take a look at my shelf. There’s no question about my love for reading (voraciously). It seems that I get so lost into words once I immerse myself in a really good book. I guide myself through this burning curiosity inside me, in books and in life, and I feed that curiosity along the way, desperate to understand the things I cannot understand (which is why Internet is awesome).
I am the ultimate media consumer (on text… I don’t own a TV). I always have new ideas forming in my head and would love spending my lifetime contributing these ideas to the respective publications I’ve grown to depend on to keep myself in the know.
As you can see, I really love words… There’s no question that I want to make a living out of it.
(2013) Articles on print on the 2013 July issue of HighEnd Magazine.
(2013) Articles on print on the 2013 June issue of HighEnd Magazine.
(2013) Articles on print on the 2013 May issue of HighEnd Magazine.
(2013) Articles on print on the 2013 April issue of HighEnd Magazine.
(2013) Articles on print on the 2013 March issue of HighEnd Magazine.
(2012) Assigned writing materials and Branding & Marketing articles for Sribu.
- 10 Things Small Businesses Need to Consider When Creating a Brand
- Branding 101
- 5 Steps to Successful Rebranding
- The 3 Cs of Effective Brand Management
- 5 Most Influential Figures and Their Brands
- 4 Marketing Functions That Benefit Your Business
- Why Marketing Is Essential For Small Businesses
- How To Successfully Implement the Marketing Mix
- The Love-Hate Relationship Between Sales and Marketing
- Top 5 Packaging Designs on Sribu.com
- Why A Business Card Is Important For Your Corporate Identity
- Creative Brief: The Key to Getting What You Want
(2012) All writing materials for Elion Danetus. (link)
(2011) Sex Appeal, Shame, and the Life of an SPG, a feature story that appeared on The Jakarta Globe Sunday Edition.
(2011) Batik Preserves Rich Heritage, Weaves Social Divides Among Cultures, an analysis of the textile beyond the fashion industry.
(2010) Life: Enduring the Event, an interview with endurance athlete Bob Cooper.
(2010) Language: The Edge of Cognitive Power, on the advantage of being bilingual
(2010) I was invited to document a Catholic retreat for The Good News, a piece for the church’s newspaper.
(2010) The Real Deal, why real estate is worth investing in the economic slump.
(2009) The Blue in Black and White is an essay written to imitate the writing style of Franz Kafka.
(2006) A Series of essays for an English composition class while attending Purdue University (with instructor’s reviews):
- A Box of Chocolates: A writer’s biography
-Women’s Shopping: A personal experience
- Compulsive Shopping: A literature review
- Mother’s Words of Wisdom on Shopping: An interview report
- Organize Yourselves, Shopaholics!
- Her Ramblings… just for fun, and for extra credit.
(2006) My personal statement when applying for college to Purdue University.
To improve my writing, it helps to extend beyond nonfiction. Here’s a list of fiction pieces I’ve written to enhance my storytelling skills:
(2012) Stuck Together, flash fiction on the coming-of-age of an artist.
(2012) A creative writing class inspired me to write three haikus to ponder on for a week.
(2011) Horsepower is a poem on the expression of an untamed soul.
(2005) At World’s End is a reminder for people to restore humanity in a dying planet.