As if I haven’t got enough stuff lined up on my wish list already, Urban Decay has just announced yet another palette for its Naked line that will be out this July. It will be tagged at USD 54.00, but only God knows how much we have to spend when it’ll be sold here in Indonesia (taxes, taxes).
I’m a BIG fan of a smokey eye look, especially when you add an element of cat-eye as well. Usually I’ll have to mix a shade from one palette and another shade from another to achieve the multi-dimensional look (if you only use a couple of shades it’ll just look flat and murky, more so on Asian eyes …), but looks like once I get my hands on this one it won’t be such a hassle anymore.
Another item added to my expanding list (and a slimmer budget, because weddings). In the meantime, here’s some celeb inspo to sift through while you count down till the Smoky arrives.
Note: Happy Vesak 2559! Sorry for the late post :( I haven’t been as attentive as I used to on the blog. I’m consciously steering away from its increasing potential to become a full-blown for-profit blog because I realized it’s unsustainable for my lifestyle. Other than wedding planning, you might have noticed yourself seeing more and more of my character on the blog. It’s all a conscious decision to make him shine more here :) In the meantime, here are the links I’ve bookmarked through May that are totally worth clicking. Let’s have our usual cup of tea before the June schedules begin to overwhelm us.
29. You’ll never run out of things to say. Though you feel like you’ve known each other all too well inside out, there are still moments when you surprise each other with your thoughts, decisions, and/or actions.
30. Up to this day, he still showers you with flowers, chocolates, and piggy toys when you least expect them. As time goes by, these gifts are getting lavisher than ever.
31. That said, he wasn’t expecting anything out of being with you other than your presence and company.
32. While you know can go on without him in your life, you can’t imagine ever going to be as happy and/or fulfilled.
33. He makes you feel (so much more than) enough.
34. You like who you are when you’re with him.
35. In fact, he inspires you to become your best.
36. You value the same things and trust in the same God.
37. He willingly accepts every inch of you, flaws and all.
38. Deep down, your gut is already telling you he’s the one.
Just a thought: This is a New Age-y era we’re living in. These are the times when there are actually job descriptions from the for-profit sector that recognizes individuals as spiritual leaders, healers, and/or gurus. These are the people who often call us into thanksgivings and prayers in order for us to manifest our desires into reality. If we say it in faith, we will attract the things we want in life, or so they say.
Recently, I had an epiphany. I used to be (okay, still am) a sucker for anything self-help but for the past few weeks, I’ve been thinking to myself, “Who should I pray to?”. I generally don’t ask for much in life and in prayer, at least, nothing other than for more wisdom to offset my stupidity and for an overall sense of security. But as I flipped through the pages of some books I don’t wish to name (and various articles on the Internet), I questioned these gurus, who’s supposed to be the “you” in “thank you”? Where’s this mystical place from all our wishes will be granted? Do people ever question these things whenever they get into that “self-help mode” of reading/watching/listening? Like, if in the end all of our prayers do manifest themselves into reality, who are we going to thank? And most importantly, are we all praying to the same One or different gods, or even *gasp* false gods?
Don’t know about you and I know this is a sensitive subject. But hey, I believe in spiritual beings that we can neither see nor touch, beings so magnificent they exist beyond any human mind can imagine. They are at war just as we humans are at ours.
So my message for this year’s Ascension Day is this: Before you think about what you want, think about who you’re submitting yourself to, where you’re directing your energy toward. Remember: Where there’s a Big Bang when the universe came into existence, there must be a Big Bang-er somewhere1.