“Do you ever feel like the people who mean the most aren’t the people you see the most? Lately I just feel like I’m not putting my heart where it matters.”
Page Count: 432 (Kindle Edition)
Release Date: October 29, 2013
Publisher: Gallery Books
A bombshell bookworm. A chronic Casanova. And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school.
When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?
Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.
Can’t believe it’s already February and I haven’t made anything remotely close to a wish list. I’ve been feeling mostly ill in January, but also with so much happiness and surprise. Obviously the items I’ve listed here do not sum up to all that I wish to own this year – these are just stuff. At the core of it all, I want to own my desires. Not others’ endeavors, but my own. I can name a few intangible goals on top of my head right now (that I won’t say out loud because this), but when it comes to shopping, I think every girl deserve to dream of having ‘em all …
A new pump.
A Naked palette.
P.S. Here’s a guide to find out which Naked palette is right for you.
A darker lip than this.
Tao, Feifei, Du Juan, Sunghee, Tianyi and Liuwen looked amazing. I’ve never dared to go this dark, but now I’m so inspired. These are models with monolid peepers you guys, and they gave me confidence that my monolids can rock the dark lip too.
- Revlon Super Lustrous 477 Black Cherry
- NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream Bewitching SV04
- L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte PM412
- BoHo Lipstick Velours
- MAC Lipstick Sin (Deep Dark Blue Red)
- The Balm Amanda Kissmylip
- NARS Liv Audacious Lipstick
- NYX Matte Lipstick Siren MLS32
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture 18 Noir Laque
- Makeup Forever Rouge Artistic Intense 48 Satin Blackcurrant
The ‘Dragon Girl’ NARS velvet matte lip, because Taylor Swift.
A new day-to-night dress that’s neither too extravagant nor too blah.
An oversized opaque felt/fedora/floppy hat to protect face from the sun.
Too many skincare products that I wanna try … (and this is where I keep track of my list).
- Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil
- Sulwhasoo Timetreasure Perfecting Water
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Booster Serum
- Blissoma Smooth A+ Perfecting Serum
- Dr. Dennis Gross Active Vitamin D Serum-Oil
- Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Night Lotion
- DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil
- Decleor Aroma Night Excellence Balm
- Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream
- Russell Organics Rejuvenating Night Serum
- John Masters Organics Mandarin Maximum Moisture
- Blissoma Refine Clay Renewal Treatment
- Murad Resurgence Age-Balancing Night Cream
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Concentrate
- REN V-Cense Revitalizing Night Cream
GlamGlow: All the facial treatment masks they have.
- GlamGlow YOUTHMUD Tinglexfoliate Treatment INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea Leaf), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
- GlamGlow SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal CI 77266, Parfum [Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate], Glycolic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Lactic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Mentha Piperita Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
- GlamGlow POWERMUD Dualcleanse Treatment INGREDIENTS: Water, Bentonite, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Kaolin, Calcium Carbonate, Squalane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Methyl Gluceth-20, Montmorillonite, Niacinamide, Xanthan Gum, Verbascum Thapsus Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Sapindus Mukurossi Peel Extract, Verbascum Thapsus Extract, Plankton Extract, Boswellia Carterli Oil, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Betaine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Disodium Edta, Inositol, Taurine, Trehalose, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
- GlamGlow THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Peg-8, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Powder, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Honey (Mel), Allantoin, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polysorbate 60, Menthoxypropanediol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, **Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract, Kaolin, Buteth-3, Trideceth-10, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Tris (Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Tributyl Citrate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin, Linalool. **Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract – "Oat Beta Glucan" is gluten free.
Restaurants (in Jakarta).
- Charisma – Jeanne Ryan
- Vivian Apple at the End of the World – Katie Coyle
- The Unfortunate Importance of Beauty – Amanda Filipacchi
- Adultery – Paulo Coelho
- The Rosie Effect – Graeme Simsion
- Zodiac – Romina Russell
- Maybe Someday – Colleen Hoover
- The Leveller – Julia Durango
- Even When You Lie to Me – Jessica Alcott
- She’s Come Undone – Wally Lamb
- How to Start a Fire – Lisa Lutz
- Valley of the Dolls – Jacqueline Susann
- Eight Hundred Grapes – Laura Dave
- How to Save Your Own Life – Erica Jong
- Charlie, Presumed Dead – Anne Heltzel
- 2BR02B – Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- The Interestings – Meg Wolitzer
- The White Tiger – Aravind Adiga
- Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah – Richard Bach
- Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch – Neil Gaiman, Terry Prachett
- The Eyes of the Heart – Richard A. Hackett, Jr.
And more books: The nonfictions.
- What a Wonderful World: Life, the Universe and Everything in a Nutshell – Marcus Chown
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Noah Harari
- Me, Myself, and Us: The Science of Personality and the Art of Well-Being – Brian R. Little
- A Life of Jesus – Shusaku Endo
- The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life in God – Dallas Willard
- The Power of a Praying Wife – Stormie Omartian
- The Compound Effect – Darren Hardy
- Big History: From the Big Bang to the Present – Cynthia Stokes Brown
- The Creative Habit: Learn it and Use it For Life – Twyla Tharp
- Growing a Business – Paul Hawken
- I Like You Just the Way I Am: Stories About Me And Some Other People – Jenny Mollen
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion – Robert B. Cialdini
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions – Randall Munroe
- The Sacred History: How Angels, Mystics, and Higher Intelligence Made Our World – Jonathan Black
Rent these movies (where I keep track of it all).
A new 15-inch MacBook Pro.
An all-in-one wireless scanner.
Sony Alpha A6000.
A BPA-free 1-liter water bottle that doesn’t spill.
The dream pet. Or pets.
What about you? What’s on your list?
31 Exercise keeps us young, an ultimate guide to good skin, and how to be the perfect woman.
28 Casual night at Belly Inc
26 Doraemon: Have you seen his secret gadgets?
24 3-day Bandung trip: My life-turning weekend
18 Speak in statements instead of apologetic questions.
15 Sex and the City: Which girl is the happiest?
12 Let’s get our hands dirty at Cajun Claws
11 Currently revisiting: The E-Myth Enterprise
08 Stress relief: 7 piggy Instagram accounts to follow
06 Make ‘em hate you: 3 essential oils that repel mosquitoes
06 My 6 morning habits
04 Finally tried out Ippudo Ramen, Jakarta
01 On blogging, 2014, and beyond
Note: How are you doing with your resolutions? It’s the end of January already, and honestly, I didn’t keep a checklist of resolutions. I have a lot of little tweaks I want to make though, and one of those adjustments is that I’m resolving to relate more to you as a blogger. There are many more little changes about blogging that I’m consciously making, but we’ll see for ourselves how will Stillwater have evolved itself by the end of 2015. In the meantime, here are some cool finds of the net I’ve discovered and bookmarked throughout the month. Happy reading!
1. How exercise keeps us young. [NYTimes WELL]
… very young indeed.
2. The ultimate guide to good skin. [Harper’s Bazaar]
It’s not just about products.
3. Timeline: The development of ramen. [Lucky Peach]
Guess who invented noodles first: Japanese, Chinese, or Koreans?
4. Infographic: Daily routines of world’s most creative people. [Info We Trust]
Apparently, Victor Hugo goes to the barber everyday.
5. How to be the perfect woman. [Medium]
Def worth a read.
So here’s another new establishment in PIK (it’s getting endless).
By its exterior and general impression on its recent buzz, Belly Inc doesn’t exactly hold the top spot on my list. As with plenty of other eateries around the area, you can sit down and have a proper meal without dressing up or paying much. Little did I know that something so casual is worth the drive, especially when you’re starving on weeknights.
Have you been to Doraemon’s Secret Gadgets Expo? I’ve only been there recently, and it’s the perfect time to go.
Hey guys! It’s been a helluva ride in the past few days for me. If you follow me on social media, you may already know that I’m recently engaged :) THANK YOU for the prayers and congratulations <3
This post is going to be really long (you’ve been warned), and it’ll partially be about how he did it, partially about the stops we made throughout our 3-day-2-night getaway to Bandung. You may skip right ahead to part deux: the places we went, but you can also read from the beginning till the end. Hopefully between my wordiness you’ll find inspiration from the cusp of our 3-year-7-month journey together. As to why I’m blogging about it, it’s because this is an important chapter of
my our life that I want to keep alive forever :)
Speak in statements instead of apologetic questions. No one wants to go to a doctor who says, “I’m going to be your surgeon? I’m here to talk to you about your procedure? I was first in my class at Johns Hopkins, so?” Make statements, with your actions and your voice.
via almost famous cats on Tumblr