Hi. I’m Stacia.
I’m a lifestyle blogger, freelance writer, recreational runner, smack-dab INFJ, and I have a BFA in Illustration. I have a wide variety of interests, I read a lot, and I love to tell stories.
Shortly after I graduated in the summer of 2012, I landed a job at a lifestyle magazine for my love of writing.
These days I am paid to write on a freelance basis. On the side I’m making my own projects that incorporates my illustration skills.
Also, I love doodling pigs. I want to have a pet pig someday.
- I go gaga over cute animals.
- I have a talent for mimicking the barking sound of dogs.
- I drink about a gallon of water a day. I carry around a water bottle with me everywhere I go. For some reason I’m always thirsty.
- I have a habit of drinking tea everyday.
- I am strongly against smoking. I no longer drink either (not even “socially”). I don’t even drink soft drinks and sodas.
- I think that tofu and eggs are the perfect food combination on earth, no matter how the dish is prepared.
- I don’t know how to ride a two-wheel bike (In my defense, I know how to swim!)
- I’ve never ever color-dyed my hair – like, ever. They’re naturally brown.
- I’m the youngest in the family.
Stillwater is where I share the interesting stuff I find worth sharing about. I believe the vast amount of reading time I spent has got to have some kind of a filter.
A word of note though: This blog may have started out in March 2011, but I’ve been owning multiple personal blogs since I was 11 years old. Almost all of them have pulled the websites down. My first platform was GeoCities, then Vox, and now WordPress. I bought a domain because then it’s impossible for the site creators to pull it down!
At one time, I also had Blogger blogs too. But ever since I launched the WordPress blog, I’ve been migrating the stuff worth keeping from all these previous blogs to Stillwater. I published these old posts as being written/posted on the actual date and year I posted on their respective blogging platforms, where I originally posted them on. So the “original” posts I started posting on this site began on March 2012. Unfortunately, I forgot what was the exact date.
Perhaps I was lost in translation during my childhood migrations from hometown Jakarta to Singapore when I was 8 and back to Jakarta again at 13, then to Indiana in the States at 16, and then to San Francisco the following year, and then, finally back home again at 22. Perhaps this blog stood as a virtual outlet for my sense of self no matter where I go.
Perhaps I’m trying to find myself out of blogging. Perhaps you can tell me how to sit still and get found. But one thing’s for sure: I will never stop learning.